As I mentioned in my last post, Lady E, aka Laughing Cow in France,tagged me with some questions she was curious about. She lives in the French Alps and I enjoy her blog. I find her honest and real, qualities I consider very important. Here goes:
1. Why is the sky blue? Because all Carolina Tar Heel fans go to heaven wearing their blue t-shirts. Explanation for those who aren’t ACC basketball fans: Basketball is big in this part of the country. North Carolina’s color is a sky blue. Duke’s (NC’s arch rival) is royal blue. Some days the sky is so blue I could swear there are some Dukies up there, too.
2. What time did you get up this morning? 8:15. Today is the second day of Daylight Savings Time so it was really only 7:15. I play this game with myself for about two weeks every year.
3. Shower gel or soap bar? Soap bar. I’m a tub person. I haven’t taken a shower since I saw Janet Leigh in “Psycho.” That movie scared the bejeebies out of me. Incidentally, Janet Leigh didn’t take showers after she played that role. I heard her say that once in an interview.
4. Favourite cheese? I like’em all. Some days I favor the salty taste of feta. I love all those little “laughing cow” cheeses. 🙂 Just the right size.
5. Do you vote? (I really hope you do. No pressure.) Yes, ma’am, I do. Every time they open the polls. I think of it as a privilege, but also a responsibility. (That sounds high and mighty, doesn’t it?)
6. Have you ever tried to limit your carbon footprint? Indeed I have. Let me count the ways. I could write a book about this one. I call myself a tree hugger and an environmentalist. I’ve been one for many years. I used to write environmental tips on my chalk board hoping to plant seeds (pun intended) in the young minds of my high school students.
7. What did you wear on your wedding day? Which one?
8. Favourite cocktail? I drink an occasional glass of wine. Not a cocktail person. But boy you should see my girlfriends when we all get together for one of our long weekends! They know how to put away some cocktails. 🙂 I’m the designated driver.
9. What’s the capital of Burma (Myanmar)? No cheating. I have no idea. Well, that’s not exactly true now because I looked it up. I couldn’t even come up with a city in Myanmar. Geography is not my best subject.
10. What was the highlight of your day? That’s easy. Today I spent time in the car with my seventeen-year-old granddaughter. She’s a gymnast. I was the one available to pick her up from school and take her to the gym today. An unexpected treat since she’s so busy and I don’t get enough time with her. I grinned for an hour or so afterward.
11. Do you wear pyjamas to bed? I do now. I wrote a post about this. It’s entitled “Baby you don’t thrill me but you put off body heat…”
Thanks for the questions, E. I had fun. And now to bed in my jammies. The clock says it’s almost 11:00, which means it’s really only 10:00. Why am I so tired?