I’ve been tagged in cyberspace. Vickie tagged me first. Then, some days later, Lady E tagged me with a different set of questions. Vickie calls “being tagged” a diversion, not an award. Since it’s Saturday afternoon and I’m home alone and I desperately need to entertain myself, I think I’ll give it a go. Following are Vickie’s questions and my answers:
1. What movie could you watch every day? The movie that I could watch every day has not been made. I doubt it ever will be. If it were, it would have to be short. The older I get the more ADD I get. A movie I continue to like, though, is “A League of their Own.”
2. If you had to change your first name, what name would you fancy? I like my first name okay. I like that the nickname version is androgynous. My middle name is Anne. I think I would like that–or maybe Annie. Yeah, Annie.
3. You just got kicked out of your country. You aren’t allowed back in. What country would you move to? If I were playing it safe and staying near family, I would choose Canada. I’ve always liked our northern neighbors. And, yes, family is that important to me. They could come visit and I could learn French. Win-win.
4. You are only allowed to eat one vegetable for the rest of your life. Discuss. Make mine broccoli. I already eat it several times a week. Love it. And it’s good for me. Those little trees are so cute. It can be prepared many ways–sautéed, steamed, roasted, with cheese, with lemon and butter, in a casserole. Yum. I should take a break and eat now. I also like asparagus but I’d hate for my pee to smell funny all the time. 🙂
5. You get to bring home a celebrity. Do with them what you want. Whom would you bring home? This is tough. One of my favorite singers? Nah. I can just listen to a CD or iPod. Hillary Clinton? Maybe. What an interesting life she’s lead. And we could compare notes. Michelle Obama? I really like her. She would get my rear in gear with her “Move It” campaign. George Clooney? For virile good looks, he’d be hard to beat. Bill Clinton? I can’t imagine more engaging and interesting conversation. Definitely a front-runner. But the winner is–Barack Obama. Engaging conversation, we can shoot some hoops and he sings like a pro.
6. Name three adjectives that describe you best. Friendly, hopeful, pragmatic.
7. You have to pick one…cat or dog. Why? If I were going to have a pet again, I would get a dog. Dogs love their owners and they poop outside.
8. You have been chosen to be in the Olympics. You get to pick any sport you want. What sporting event will you choose? For what country? I am not an ice skater but I’ve always wanted to be one. I would choose speed skating à la Bonnie Blair. For the USA of course.
9. Pick an idiom that you would like my fourth graders to draw this Friday for “Idiom Friday.” Oh, there are so many. I pick “Van Gogh’s ear for music.” I can only imagine all that you can accomplish with this one. There’s art and science and music and history and writing and psychology and on and on. Hehehe. Let me know how it goes—one educator to another.
10. My favorite cartoon character was Foghorn Leghorn. And yours? I like your choice but I guess my favorite was Huckleberry Hound with his outrageous southern drawl. He always comes to mind when I think of my dad. Daddy loved that “dawg.” Especially when he sang “Oh My Darlin’ Clementine.”
11. A two-part question: What is your favorite smell? Your favorite sound? Cooking smells–chocolate chip cookies, onions, anything with cinnamon. Hard to pick just one. Favorite sound–children laughing, hands down.
Stay tuned for part two. Questions are from Laughing Cow in the French Alps–my favorite cocktail? do I wear pajamas (pyjamas) to bed?